Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall 2010



Ok so 2010 has been a difficult year to say the least...we started the year with my aunt recovering from uterine cancer, a dear friend who we consider family passing away from bladder cancer, and my step-grandmother passing from bone cancer. It's been mentally exhausting to say the least but here we are and as a my dear friend used to say "It is what it is".

On another note, my beautiful daughter turned 6 in October; where has the time gone? It was the first year we had 80+ degree weather on her birthday and we were able to celebrate outside, it was fun. She enjoys school, has lots of little friends and is definitely blossoming into such a wonderful little person. She is really a joy!!

My little man is doing well. He just started Taekwondo and absolutely loves it. He is coming out of his shell at school and I hear has a following of little girls who like to take care of him/mother him (too cute). As far has his weight issues go, he is exactly where he should be, the doctors are very pleased. We have been weaning him somewhat off his g-tube feedings and were given the green light today to stop his feeds altogether. If all goes well, they will take it out at our next visit in 6 months...YEA, progress! His oxygen requirements will be addressed once the g-tube is permanently out, but we are hopeful that things are going well in that area as well.

Rob is still at the Red Cross and I am still at home trying to keep up with all that is life. So until my next update, Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!

No comments: